Monday 19 June 2017

Nasi Arab Restaurant Mecca Tower Ipoh

It was an unplanned dinner. After buying Malay jubah with my friend, we were starving. We drove along shop lots at Meru (opposite Mydin Amanjaya). Suddenly we saw Restaurant Mecca Tower Ipoh, my friend told me why not we buka puasa with Nasi Arab. As I know it is well-known for Arab cuisine. There were many malay families waiting impatiently for buka puasa time at 7:30pm.

Nasi Arab Pauline Cheong Kitchen
Nasi Arab set
 As we sat down, we ordered Nasi Arab Ayam Mandy set; since they offered special packaged for Ramadhan. Less than 5 mins, the dishes and drinks arrived. I looked at my friend, the portion is large. We chose package for 2 person, but the quantity is for 3 people.

After buka puasa, I enjoyed the cool Honey Dew juice with less sugar. My friend, he ordered Pineapple juice. Both are fresh and sweet. So satisfied after long hours puasa (fasting); 14 hours in Malaysia. Then we ate some appetizers such as kurma, chicken Samosa and Salsa Salad before proceed to the main course.

Nasi Arab Salsa Pauline Cheong Kitchen
Salsa Salad

The chicken samosa is crispy, fragrance and the fillings are full and flavorful. The salsa salad contains fresh, tomato, cucumbers and capsicum (peppers). They are sweet and mixed lemon juice, olive oil, some sugar, salt and pepper. Very juicy and refreshing. They served in small ramekins so that everyone can enjoy every bite.

Ok! The king is here with the queen that were being placed untouched at the center of the table. There were 2 types of rice. The lighter is less flavorful compare to the darker yellowish rice. They served nasi basmathi which is different from normal rice due to its long and tiny rice. Wait, where is the chicken hiding?? Hahaha... it was resting beneath the fragrance basmathi rice.

Nasi Basmathi Pauline Cheong Kitchen
Nasi Basmathi

We dig it out and the chicken is juicy, flavorful with marinated herbs before baking them; smells soooo.... good. The chicken is golden dark brown crispy. Usually chicken breast is dry, hard and no flavor. But trust me, it is moist, soft and marinated with lots of herbs. I sucked the bones and make sure no meat is left unattended.

After, the gorgeous meal, we were served each of us Caramel Custard as desserts. I couldn't finish it. My full level is up to the neck. I packed back the rice and the dessert. So full, I hardly walk.

Overall the price is affordable which is RM58 nett for 2-3 persons. The meal including the appetizers and dessert and drinks are worth to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment