Thursday 1 June 2017

Stir-Fried Spicy Black Pepper Laksa Panjang Recipes

I went to bazaar Ramadhan in Kampar after work near to the Kampar Bus Station. It was rushing since I came home late due to jam. Not surprisingly because everyone is rushing to buka puasa (meal for Muslims after fasting for this 1 holy month). Merry go round the bazaar but can't find the food that appetite me. Furthermore, the price shoot up compare to previous years but the quality and quantity of the food disappointed me.
black pepper laksa panjang

So I went home with my empty hands. All the while, I love black pepper sauce for everything include chicken, bitter guord or lala (clams). I quickly reached my house fridge and grapped a packet of Lee Kum Kee (LKK) black pepper paste and 1 packet of laksa panjang (long round cylinder white springy noodle; use to eat with laksa soup). I am so excited to cook since my tummy already making noise... So let's started.......

Ingredients:
1/2 carrot, wash and sliced
2 cili padi/chili bird's eye; thinly sliced (can add more)
1-2 tsp black pepper sauce (LKK paste)
1/2 packet of laksa panjang
1/2 onion; sliced
2pcs ginger; sliced
1 red chili for decoration; sliced
1/2 cup of water; for more gravy (depend on preferences; more gravy add more water)
1-2 tsp dark soy sauce; for coloring
1tsp light soy sauce


Method:
  1. Blanced the laksa panjang with hot water to remove extra oil excess. Loosen the noodles to cook evenly. Once cook, remove and set aside.
  2. Add some oil in a pan/pot/wok. Once hot, stir-fry the onion till caramelized and fragrance before adding in carrots, ginger, chili padi and black pepper sauce. Mix till can smell the aroma. 
  3. Add water and let it simmer till bubbles appeared and carrots are soften.
  4. Place the cooled cooked laksa panjang to pot and mix with the black pepper sauce. 
  5. Add light soy sauce and mix. Make sure the laksa panjang every single noodle is coated with the sauce.
  6. Test according to preferences. Add more salt or light soy sauce if tasteless.
  7. Turn off the fire and dish out. Serve hot with sliced red chilli as decoration.

No comments:

Post a Comment