Monday 22 May 2017

Taucu Lala Recipes

While I was window-shopping at Tesco the other day, I saw some fresh clams or better known as Lala. Then I checked the price is much cheaper compare to market and Econsave. Tesco charged RM7 per kg, meanwhile Econsave charges RM8 and market RM10 per kg. It's really ridiculous for such different in the price. So, without second thoughts, I quickly grapped some.

I washed quickly and rinsed them with flour and salt to remove the fishy and sand. I was so excited to cook them coz I really love lalas. Who doesn't like lala, raised your hands please??? ✋



For sure not me, I love them no matter how it is being cooked.💋 This time, I make Tauchu Lala. Me and friend can't stop eating them. I regret to buy small quantity of lalas. 😞. Before that, let's enjoy the heavenly dish.

 Ingredients:-

1/2 kg lalas, washed, rinsed with salt/ flour and dried
1tbsp curry paste/curry powder + 1 tsp water
1 garlic; minced
2 slices ginger; cut julienne
1-2 tbsp fermented soy beans (tauchu); DO NOT add more coz it's salty
sugar; taste
chilli padi; sliced (opt)
red chilli; sliced for decorations
water (opt); more gravy- add more water
some scallions/ spring onion for decorations

Methods:-
  1. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan/pot/ wok, once hot add in garlic, ginger, chilli padi and red chilli. Stir-fried till fragrance.
  2. Add curry paste and tauchu paste to the mixture and mix-well.
  3. Add in the lalas with scallions using medium fire. Once the lalas are opened taste them with sugar. Discard any unopened lalas.
  4. Add more water if you prefer more gravy. Do not add too much water as the sauce and taste will run away.
  5. Before serving add some spring onions and red chilli for decorations.
  6. Serve with rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment